In a partnership with Bruno Event Team the Alabama Department of Public Health has announced a program, titled Kick COVID 19, that will give out gift cards to those who get vaccinated at 13 upcoming college football games.
“This is a tremendous opportunity to utilize the power of college football as a platform for promoting the need to get vaccinated,” said Bruno Event Team CEO Gene Hallman.
“The 2020 season was lacking the passion that comes from large crowds cheering for their favorite team. We need to do everything possible to ensure players and fans can safely return to stadiums to experience college football as we know and love it.”
Anyone who receives their first dose can upload their vaccine card to kickcovid19.com. Afterwards they'll be sent a confirmation email that can be brought to a game where they'll receive a $75 gift card to be used at a university book store.
Alternatively, anyone who has not been vaccinated can come to a Kick COVID site and get the vaccine before receiving a gift card.
“With the highly contagious Delta COVID-19 variant circulating, and cases, hospitalizations and deaths increasing, we continue urging all eligible people to be vaccinated as quickly as possible," said State Health Officer Dr. Scott Harris.
"These new and popular venues will provide additional opportunities for people to learn more about the virus, the vaccine, and receive testing and vaccine on-site.”
- University of West Alabama vs. North American University, September 16
- Jacksonville State University vs. University of North Alabama, September 18
- University of South Alabama vs. Alcorn State University, September 18
- Alabama State University vs. Bethune-Cookman University, September 25
- Auburn University vs. Georgia State University, September 25
- Miles College vs. Central State University, September 25
- Samford University vs. East Tennessee State University, September 25
- University of Alabama vs. University of Southern Mississippi, September 25
- Tuskegee University vs. Edward Waters College, October 2
- UAB vs. Liberty University, October 2
- University of North Alabama vs. Campbell University, October 2
- Alabama A&M University vs. Jackson State University, October 9
- Troy University vs. Liberty University, October 9